Outcomes-based commissioning for community services and older people
An all-day workshop looking at national policy including the Five Year Forward View and the practical implementation of outcomes-based commissioning
- Date: Tuesday 20th January
- Venue: Coin Street Centre, Central London
- Timings: 10.00–16.30
- Lunch and refreshments included
The event is aimed at clinical commissioning groups or local authority interested in, or working on outcomes-based commissioning, particularly senior leaders, clinicians and managers.
- The morning will focus on outcomes-based commissioning in the context of the Five Year Forward View and emerging health policies in the run up to the general election.
- The afternoon will offer workshops on the practical implementation of outcomes-based commissioning – how to identify your population group and develop outcomes, and how to work with providers.
- Cobic Club members have told us they would like to target two population groups – Community Services and Older People so we will use live examples from these groups.
Speaker line up:
Cobic Director Diane Bell, who has six years experience of leading outcomes-based strategy development at board-level in Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Dr Rachael Addicott – Senior Research Fellow, the King’s Fund. Rachel recently authored ‘Commissioning and contracting for integrated care’. A report describing how CCGs in England are innovating with two broad models – the prime contract and alliance contract
Catherine Mountford – Associate Director of Strategy and Governance, Oxfordshire CCG, who has led in the implementation of outcomes based commissioning for older people in Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Robert Breedon – Partner at Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co LLP
|Welcome and introductions||Dr Nicholas Hicks|
|Presentation: OBC and the development of integrated care – where are we now? Where are we going?||Dr Rachael Addicott|
|Presentation: Towards a capitated payment approach. Review of Monitor’s guidance on reforming the payment system for NHS services||Andy Smith|
|Panel discussion: The future of OBC and integrated care in light of policy changes and local reactions so far||Dr Diane Bell, Dr Rachael Addicott & Andy Smith|
|Afternoon session: Putting it into pracitce|
|Workshop 1 – Populations: Who to select and getting to the outcomes||Dr Diane Bell & Karen Foster|
|Workshop 2 – Providers: Changing relationships and contracting options||Robert Breedon, Catherine Mountford & Andy Smith|
To receive our member discount, sign up for the Club for free here – it takes only 30 seconds to do so.
- Club-members: £50 per person or £75 for two
- Non-members: £75 per person