Responding to COBIC opportunities
Outcomes based commissioning requires providers to think and behave differently to make the most of the new opportunities. Providers will have to think about what it means for them to deliver these ‘outcomes’ – how best to organise the workforce, use of infrastructure, supplies, and locations. This all requires a cultural shift in behaviour away from fragmented ‘time and activity’ delivery. Now, there has be the flexibility to work in partnership right along the patient pathway, to deliver better care wherever it is needed.
Already working with many commissioners we have unique knowledge of where the commissioning market is likely to go, and what commissioners are seeking.
We support providers bidding for COBIC contracts through:
- Through the bid process, i.e. acting as a critical friend, giving ideas and testing assumptions on the bids prepared, as well as coaching prior to tender presentations
- To facilitate the cultural and attitude shift needed for outcomes based commissioning. Typically this involves taking a problem for the health economy and working out how best to resolve it at an organisational level
- Bringing together clinical expertise into the same room and solving together a pathway problem
- Helping providers form relationships with other likeminded providers to enable them to respond effectively
- As part of our offer we will assess your current business model and whether it is fit for purpose to respond to the current round of commissioning opportunities, and advice on how and where it can be improved to ensure the best chance of success
- As in strategic support and coaching, but with the addition of physically writing the bids and attending bidding presentations with the provider